4115 Earney Road, Woodstock, GA 30188
There were sixty-two social and business leaders of the booming little city of Atlanta who organized the Club on April 16, 1883 and petitioned for their charter the following day. Today Atlanta is still booming; the Capital City Club, now among the oldest social organizations in the South, still includes the social and business leaders of the city; and the legal description still fits. The Country Club property was leased in 1913 and purchased in 1915. At that time the golf course was increased from nine to eighteen holes. The present spacious Country Club building was erected in 1928. Traditionally the center of Atlanta’s social activity, the Capital City Club has likewise been the most popular gathering place for the city’s leading business and professional men. Here visiting notables, including three presidents of the United States, have been entertained in an atmosphere of Southern hospitality. From its inception the Capital City Club has sought to represent the best of Atlanta and the South.