Golf is a lot like life. Ask any pro and they’ll tell you some of the lessons that both can teach you. They both require high mental fortitude, natural confidence in self, and allow you to get better with practice. Here are some other comparisons found in both the game of golf and life in general:
- Even when you know exactly what to do and how to do it, it’s still easy to make mistakes. Just because you know what not to do, doesn’t mean that you won’t do the wrong thing.
- You can make the same mistakes over and over before getting it right. Like life, golf allows you to keep practicing the wrong way until you learn the right way.
- It’s easier to see other people’s mistakes instead of your own. Other golfers mistakes are often on display when you are the spectator, but when you are at the tee, you often miss your errors without the reflection that comes from observation.
- At the end of the day, your individual effort that determines how far you go. Golf is about decisions, and just like life, you will be the one who has to live with the consequences of those decisions.
- You can’t always see the target you’re aiming at, even if you know the general direction. When you’re young you have goals that you want to accomplish in life, but you don’t always know how to get there.
Golf and life can both be quite frustrating, especially when failing to meet your expectations. However, they are that much more enjoyable when you do meet them!