MARIETTA, G.A. – The Georgia State Golf Association is pleased to announce the 2016 inductees into the Georgia Golf Hall of Fame:
- Nanci Bowen of Travelers Rest, S.C., is a former Ladies Professional Golf Association touring player and is currently a teacher of the game of golf;
- Christopher Jay (Chris) Haack of Bogart, Ga., is the Head Coach and Director of Golf at the University of Georgia and his leadership and dedication has built his program into a perennial power;
- Stewart Maiden (posthumous induction) was well-known for his teaching and club building and has been recognized for his expertise of the golf swing;
- James Mason of Dillard, Ga., has enjoyed a successful career as a professional golfer and has made significant contributions to the game;
- C. Layne Williams of Marietta, Ga., is the longtime Senior Director of Rules and Competitions of the Georgia State Golf Association and his knowledge and passion of the Rules of Golf and experience as a golf administrator has made an impact on multiple levels.
The Georgia Golf Hall of Fame Induction Banquet and Ceremony will take place on Saturday, January 16, 2016, at the Atlanta Athletic Club in Johns Creek.
Chuck Palmer, chairman of the Georgia Golf Hall of Fame Committee, said, “The Nominating Committee and Hall of Fame Committee, along with Kim Cox, director of the Georgia Golf Hall of Fame, thoroughly vetted the nominations for the Hall of Fame, and we are elated with the final selections for the 2016 class who will be inducted into the Georgia Golf Hall of Fame. I appreciate all the committee members who contributed their time and efforts in selecting this terrific class.”