John A. White Park is a 9-hole jewel in Southwest Atlanta. The course was originally built in 1929 as a public nine-hole course and was redesigned in 1999 bye Bob Cupp. The new Crenshaw bent greens add challenge to the old charm of a great walking course that is sprawled out over 40 acres. The par-35 is conveniently located 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta, is a player friendly course and offers a pavilion for post-tournament festivities.
Based in Southwest Atlanta at the John A. White Golf Course, The First Tee of Atlanta uses the game of golf to instill First Tee Nine Core Values of honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment in Atlanta’s youth ages 7-17. The First Tee of Atlanta was founded in 2000 and is a chapter of The First Tee, an international youth program created by the World Golf Foundation in 1997.